In the Remembrance of Allāh do hearts find satisfaction. (13:28)
How to Safeguard Yourself from Black-Magic
Allāh ta'ālā, through his Infinite Mercy, has taught His Servants such du'a and recitation which does not only cure, but saves them from the evil effects of black-magic, jinn, etc.:
- After completing Fardh Salāh, recite the masnūn wazā'if and thereafter Āyat-ul-Kursī.
Note: Āyat-ul-Kursī is a verse from Sūrah Al-Baqarah starting “Allāhu lā'ilāha illā huw-al...” (2:255)
- Before going to Sleep, read Āyat-ul-Kursī. Rasūlullāh sallallāhu ‘alayhi wasallam has said, "Whoever recites Āyat-ul-Kursī at night, a protector (angel) from Allāh continually safeguards him and Shaytān will not come near him until morning."(Bukhari)
- Read Sūrah Al-lkhlās, Sūrah Al-Falaq and Sūrah An-Nās after every Fardh Salāh. (Read them thrice after the Fair and Maghrib Salāh).
- Before going to sleep, read the last two verses of Sūrah Al-Baqarah. Rasūlullāh sallallāhu ‘alayhi wasallam has said, "Whoever recites the last two verses of Sūrah Al-Baqarah at night, they will be sufficient for him.” (They will save him from Shaytān and other misfortunes). (Al-Bukhārī, Muslim)
- Read the following du'ā in abundance:
A'ūdhu bikalimātil-lāhit-tāmmāti min sharri mā khalaq
Translation: I seek refuge in all the Perfect Words of Allāh from the mischief of His Creations. (Muslim, At-Tirmidhī)
- Read the following du'ā at the beginning of the day and night:
Bismillāhil-ladhī lā yadhurru ma'a-smihī shay'un fil-ardhi wa lā fis-samā'i wahuwas-samī'ul-'alīm
Translation: In the Name of Allāh with Whose Name nothing can cause harm in the earth and the heaven. And He is All Hearing, All Knowing. (Abū Dāwūd, At-Tirmidhī)
The above mentioned prayers will, insha'allāh, prevent the evil effects of black-magic and other outside effects. These are measures derived directly from the teaching of the Messenger of Allāh sallallāhu ‘alayhi wasallam and, if recited regularly, with sincerity, yaqīn and Trust in Allāh, then one will never complain of evil-effects.
Remedy for Illnesses
Regular recitation of the above mentioned is also effective in removing evil effects. Along with these adhkār, turn to Allāh, repent sincerely and beseech Him. After all, it is He Only that brings cure to every illness and solution to every problem. The following du'ā are also effective for cure:
Allāhumma rabban-nās, adhhibil-bās, ishfi antash-shāfī, lā shifā'a illā shifā'uk, shifā'an lā yughādiru suqmā
Translation: O Allāh, O the Lord of the people! Remove the pain. Grant cure, You are the Curer. There is no cure except Your Cure. Grant such a cure that leaves no sickness. (Al-Bukhārī, Muslim)
Bismillāhi arqīka, min kulli shay'in yu'dhīka, wa min sharri kulli nafsin aw 'aynin hāsidin, allāhu yashfīka, bismillāhi arqīka.
Translation: In The Name of Allāh I make damm (blow) upon you from everything which harms you and from the evil of every person or jealous eye. May Allāh grant you cure. In The Name of Allāh I make damm (blow) on you. (Muslim, Ibn Mājah)
Once again, remember that those people who violate the laws of Allāh, cannot be saintly persons. Seek guidance from 'Ulamā who are known to you. Insha'allāh, you will not go wrong. May Allāh safeguard all Muslims from calamities; may He safeguard their Dīn; may He give them the correct understanding of Dīn; may He keep them away from every action which is contrary to the teachings of Islam and which brings the Displeasure of Allāh. Āmīn.