PRIVACY STATEMENT (Effective Date: May 25, 2018)
Islamic Da‘wah Academy (idauk.org) is the data controller of the personal information you provide to us and is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and complying with the principles of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). It is important to us that we process the information we hold about you fairly and transparently.
- the personal information we collect;
- how and why we collect and use your personal information;
- why we process your personal information;
- the rights and choices you have when it comes to your personal information;
- the steps we take to ensure your information is kept secure and confidential;
- how long we will hold your information for; and
- how to contact us.
We hope this policy will enable you to understand how we are handling your data. If you have any questions, or want to suggest improvements to our privacy information, please let us know by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHOSE PERSONAL DATA DO WE HAVE?
This privacy statement applies to personal data we process in relation to:
- User of our services;
- Website Users; and
WHAT DATA IS COLLECTED?
Depending on the services you interact with, we may collect a range of information including, but not limited to the following:
- name, date of birth, profession;
- contact information including, phone number, email and postal addresses;
- Diversity data (e.g. gender, age, ethnicity, disability);
- Financial information i.e. bank details, donation made;
- Information about personal preferences and interests; and
- Website usage data.
HOW AND WHY WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We only collect personal data that YOU want to provide to us or that is needed to provide (and improve) our service to you. We collect personal data directly. The legal basis for the processing of your personal data is your consent and/or any other applicable legal basis, such as our legitimate interest in engaging in services of value to you.
Collecting this data helps us provide you with a service which meets your needs.
Specifically, we may use data:
- to meet our legal and statutory duties and responsibilities;
- for our own internal records so that we can provide you with a high quality service;
- to contact you in response to a specific enquiry;
- to customise our services so they work better for you; and
- to contact you about services, products, offers and other things provided by us which we think may be relevant to you.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have the right to access your records. Should you wish to exercise this right please write to: Islamic Dawah Academy, 120 Melbourne Road, Leicester, LE2 0DS. At no time will we assume your permission to use information that you provide for anything other than the reasons stated here.
HOW LONG DATA IS STORED FOR?
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure with us. Personal data is stored in line with the idauk.org’s Data Protection Policy. In accordance with GDPR, idauk.org does not store personal data indefinitely; data is stored for as long is necessary to complete the task for which it was originally collected.
WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED?
idauk.org will not share your personal information with any third parties without your consent unless the law allows us to do so. When you subscribe to our mailing list, we do not rent or trade email lists with other organisation and businesses. We may disclose your personal information to any appropriate investigating third party if we:
- Discover that you are involved in any illegal or harmful conduct; or
- Are required to do so by law.
WHAT SECURITY MEASURES DO WE HAVE IN PLACE?
We monitor for and do everything that we can to prevent security breaches.
We will take all reasonable steps necessary to ensure that all personal data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement and the relevant law. In particular, we have put in place appropriate technical and organisational procedures to safeguard and secure the information we manage and collect.
To protect the privacy and security of personal data, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to information as appropriate.
Once we have received your information we will use strict procedures and security features for the purpose of preventing unauthorised access.
If you think that there has been any loss or unauthorised access to personal data of any individual please let us know immediately.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS
Providers of information have the following rights in relation to the processing of their personal data. You have the right to:
- Be informed about how idauk.org uses your personal data;
- Request access to the personal data that idauk.org holds;
- Request that your personal data is amended if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Request that your personal data is erased where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing;
- Request that the processing of your data is restricted;
- Object to your personal data being processed;
- Request to move data to another provider; and
- Where the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
HOW AND WHY IDAUK.ORG USES ‘COOKIES’ AND OTHER SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
Cookies located on your computer do not contain your name but an IP address. In many case, after the user’s session is cancelled the information contained in the cookies is no longer available to idauk.org.
Please ensure that your computer setting reflects whether you are happy to accept cookies or not. You can set your browser to warn you before accepting cookies, or you can simply set it to refuse them, although you may not have access to all the features of the website if you do so. See your browser “Help” button for how you can do this. You do not need to have cookies on to use or navigate through many parts of this and other websites. Remember that if you use different computers in different locations you will need to ensure that each browser is adjusted to suit your cookie preferences.
For further information about Cookies including how to refuse them, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
AMENDMENTS TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
The privacy notice may be updated from time to time in future and when doing so will change the updated date at the top of this privacy statement. If you are not happy with any changes that we have made, we understand you may wish to ease using our services. In some cases we may provide you with additional notice, for example by email, of changes to this privacy statement. If we deem the changes to be material, we will provide you with such additional notice well in advance of the changes taking effect.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If at any time you would like to contact us relating to your personal information you can do so by writing to info@ idauk.org or Islamic Dawah Academy, 120 Melbourne Road, Leicester LE2 0DS.